Discuss Training the best way! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris1

I am currently looking around for the best way to train to be an electrician. There are two obvious way apprentership and training courses. I have applied for several apprentership places and am waiting for a reply. There are many training courses that are provided like the ones below:
OLCI Plumbing Courses, Gas & Electrical Training Courses 0800 058 2848.
http://thebtc.co.uk/

I am just not sure of the best way. They both have there advantages and disadvantages. Any advice from past exspericenses or just your views would be much appreciated.

Also any training providers that take on apprentices and training courses that you have used would be much appreciated.

I would recommend apprenticeships every time. You cant beat the real world experience as well as slowly studying at the same time.

The wages obviously arent great for apprenticeships, but the amount of knowledge you acquire just from working beside experienced members of the trade is invaluable.

I agree apprenticeship every time thats the good news. reality takes over now the way the country is more electricians are being laid off than hired 10 went in one company not to far from me a couple of weeks ago. If you manage to find a company to take you on you are lucky.

If you think taking a college course to qualify will help you will still find it difficult as people will want experience a lot of sparks on this forum are both qualified and experienced and cant find work.

Needs a lot of research from you before you start commiting time and money.

Good luck

Chris

Reply to Training the best way! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net