Discuss training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

must confess, i don't think i've ever met a british gas trained electrician, so i can't really comment on the standard of their students. if i were to hazard a guess, i'd probably say they're no better than the rest of the Electrical Trainee miracle course providers you find knocking about.

the £4000 domestic electrician course looks like it gets you a level 2 basic electrical qualification, 17th edition and 2394. that's a hell of a lot of money for very little return. why don't you check your local colleges? i reckon you could get the full 2357 + 2382 + 2394 + 2395 for less than that.

Are you having a tin bath??, British Gas sparks know as much about Electrical knowledge as my 2 Yo daughter .....

just had a look at their website and it's pretty clear what their agenda is - they're cashing in on the domestic electrician racket. they offer a couple of the add-ons and a basic electrical theory qualification.

i guess they have to make money somehow, seeing as gas is so cheap!

Im planning to start training as an electrician next year and that route seemed the best route college seemed long winded and uni seemed more electronic based i thought british gas would have a larger net of placement thankyou for your response so far

Im planning to start training as an electrician next year and that route seemed the best route
college seemed long winded
and uni seemed more electronic based i thought british gas would have a larger net of placement thankyou for your response so far

there's a reason why the college route takes 3 to 4 years - there's a hell of a lot to learn.

if you think you're going to become an electrician in 5 weeks, then good luck mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im planning to start training as an electrician next year and that route seemed the best route college seemed long winded and uni seemed more electronic based i thought british gas would have a larger net of placement thankyou for your response so far

Can't say that the college route is long winded as this in my opinion and probably most other forum members is the correct way to do your training along with work experience. Looks like your after the 5 week wonder course and start earning your 50K with your free tool kit.

Im planning to start training as an electrician next year and that route seemed the best route college seemed long winded and uni seemed more electronic based
i thought british gas would have a larger net of placement
thankyou for your response so far

what do you mean?

are you under the impression that british gas will find you a job once you've "qualified"? i think you'd better clarify this with them before you hand over any of your hard-earned.

british gas aren't an agency. once they've cashed your cheque, they'll want you out of the door.

Nah, He pays his 4k, Joins NICEIC Domestic scheme gets a van, and becomes a electrician! ... does a **** job, and we get the remedial works.

You need to be working along side 3 years of college to be a meaning full electrician to any company.

Depends, I have had an electricians mate who had 10 years experience on site and was so good the firm we worked for sent him to college for a quick course and he got his 236 part 1 and AM1 and the firm made him up to a spark, I know it can't happen these days but experience on site can count for a lot, get your point though.

Reply to training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net