Discuss transformer on my local housing estate should i report it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sunchaser2008

This transformer is on my local housing estate, basically there is a wire (not sure if insulated), within easy touching of the fence. there's lots of kids playing round this area and im worried someone might injured/killed. the wire looks a biy like the size of a seatbelt.

could this be dangerous if touched or do you think it will be insulated.

Without seeing it, it is hard to comment, but a call to the local electricity company wouldn't go a miss, better safe than sorry. If you look around this transformer there should be a phone number somewhere, if not, then i would inform local police, and let them do the calling for you, but dont dial 999.

Cheers..........Howard

if not, then i would inform local police, and let them do the calling for you, but dont dial 999.

101 is the new number to use for general police inquiries, regardless of where you are.

This transformer is on my local housing estate, basically there is a wire (not sure if insulated), within easy touching of the fence. there's lots of kids playing round this area and im worried someone might injured/killed. the wire looks a biy like the size of a seatbelt.

could this be dangerous if touched or do you think it will be insulated.

id do what anyone else would do,ring the leccy board not sign up to a forum..
ps..if your house is on fire dont ring a sparky,some people do..

I agree, DEFINITELY make the call... worst thing that could happen, the DNO waste an hour... Imagine how you'd feel if you ignored it and a kiddie was killed...

he doesnt care,thats why he posted over 11 hours ago and never bothered to look at the replies,the same as the many one post wonders

Hi thanks for replys: ive contacted northern powergrid by e-mail. i think it might be an earth starp as 1 of the posters has said above as i searched on google and it looks something of the like. ill see what reply i get

thx again

Most substations around here have a sign with a phone number on... pretty standard as far as i know... why didn't the OP just ring them?!

Reply to transformer on my local housing estate should i report it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock