Discuss Transformer specs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi .
I started to use Psim to simulate the smps but i dont know the specs (rs rp ls lp lm np ns) of ferrite transfo .
I tried; rp 1ohm rs 0.1 ohm lp 220u ls 5u lm 0.1m but the circuit was extremly inefficient ☹️

https://eccl.ulsan.ac.kr/upload/publications/pdf/An Effective Transformer Simulation Technique using PSIM Magnetic Elements.pdf

Here is a paper which may be helpful to you, especially page 4/5. It uses the equivalent electrical model at Figure 4a. If you used a similar electrical model for your SMPS problem and its ferrite transformer, you could either use some lab instruments to measure the electrical properties of the ferrite transformer to then derive the equivalent model values - or ask the manufacturer of the transformer to provide them to you.

Thought I'd attach the file for future reference. Tend to find the files we link to disappear eventually.

Attachments

• An Effective Transformer Simulation Technique using PSIM Magnetic Elements.pdf
    340.2 KB · Views: 4
This paper may be useful too. Let me know if you want some more assistance - I am prepared to contact the manufacturer of the transformer you want to model (or one similar) if that would help you. If you look top left of the attachment below you are invited to contact WCM for design advice.

Attachments

• appnote11.28.10.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
This paper may be useful too. Let me know if you want some more assistance - I am prepared to contact the manufacturer of the transformer you want to model (or one similar) if that would help you. If you look top left of the attachment below you are invited to contact WCM for design advice.
Thank you ☺️
[automerge]1574194810[/automerge]
I think the problem was in the polarity of the secondary (the trans conduct the current simultaneously from prim to sec ) .
The indirect conduction seems more efficient

Last edited:

Reply to Transformer specs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net