Discuss Transformer to out put 27 volts in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aiman

-
Reaction score
Hi, I have 6 x 4.5 volts led lights. Each has a 3 x 1.5volt AAA battery. Total 27 volts.
I want to use a transformer to connect the six lights instead of using batteries.
Please advise me on what type of transformer and where to buy it from.

Thank you.

Hi,i would look at the possibility of using a 4.5v transformer,and paralleling the feeds. This would mean if one blew,you would still have the other 5,and it simplifies fault finding.
You may be able to do this,using an old phone charger,what is the application? (Just in case it's underwater pond lights...)

you could use a USB lead and cutoff the load end plug. then a USB adaptor, or a socket outlet with USB ports.

OP: Regarding post #2: Maybe something like this will do... This has a 1A output.

Give us a bit more details about what you want to achieve?

Are we talking about premise led strips or your own custom made stuff

Hi, please have a look at the attached file.
I've bought two packs of these lights (6 lights)
Each is battery operated by 3 x 1.5 AAA
I want to connect all 6 lights to run via one transformer.

I understand any transformer with output of 4.5 volts will work, but I am not sure of how many lights I can connect to the transformer without blowing it off or without reduction of the 4.5 volts for each light.

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Hi,i would look at the possibility of using a 4.5v transformer,and paralleling the feeds. This would mean if one blew,you would still have the other 5,and it simplifies fault finding.
You may be able to do this,using an old phone charger,what is the application? (Just in case it's underwater pond lights...)

Thank you, but I am not sure of how many milliamps I should go for without blowing it off or without reduction of the 4.5 volts for each light.

Thanks

You could put the adapter up to 5V, just in case of volt drop, if there is a problem.
What cable are you using to connect them together?

I did a similar project a few years ago. I fitted a cupboard switch to the daughters bedroom door and wired it to two led light, similar to yours. So when she got up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet the two small light came on when she opened her door..

These used 2 AA batteries (3V) but 4.5V worked out better on the adapter.

Reply to Transformer to out put 27 volts in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net