Discuss Tray & basket install in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Pretty bad installation in fact, sharp edges and not using the manufacturers T's and bends, I would have it taken out and re-done correctly.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Basket is so much easier to bend and manipulate, no need for manufacturers bends, cut ends can be filed down easier, bolt cutters and a file is all you need.
Totally agree, so much easier & it looks better too

But will not take the weight that a tray will, horse's for course's as they say and what it looks like above a false ceiling or in a plant room is so important.

Not having a laugh at all, been in the industry for over fifty years and seen professional electricians make something that will suit the situation without all the sharp angles and edges.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all comments,will look @ the sharp edges everyone’s pointed out, & sort them if possible .
The install is T&E lsoh cable, & will be installed with due care.

KennyKen

-
Arms
Esteemed
Any Galv spray on them cuts 😉
Post automatically merged:

My only critique. Is look at the width of the cuts in the main tray run. They are a lot wider than the tray itself. When I have to fabricate a bend. I tend to cut the lip off and put a cut in the tray at the side meets bottom of the tray. In doing so allows you to form a gentle 45 degree corner. Rather than a hard 90. It’s hard to explain I’ll dig out a photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

Reply to Tray & basket install in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom