Discuss Tray & basket install in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
Been helping on site with a couple of electricians,nice job really,but why use cable tray,surely basket is the way.

Attachments

• Tray & basket install E03545AB-09A7-4B4E-AA82-8D0A81C50692 - EletriciansForums.net
    E03545AB-09A7-4B4E-AA82-8D0A81C50692.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 95
not sure if basket will take the weight of many heavy armoured cables.

tends to be used more for data cables etc.

Possibly depends on the support c/c, tray can span a greater distance and is able to take more weight, one assumes it's been designed that way?

(typed at the same time James)

Tray being used for T&E lsoh install,no Swa’s.
Basket is for data,I think cables look far better in basket,tray not having the depth can look untidy.
[automerge]1581618763[/automerge]
I was told always tray for armoured and basket for twin and earth / flex / data cabling etc
Defo

Been helping on site with a couple of electricians,nice job really,but why use cable tray,surely basket is the way.
Tray being used for T&E lsoh install,no Swa’s.
Basket is for data,I think cables look far better in basket,tray not having the depth can look untidy.
[automerge]1581618763[/automerge]

Defo
Why n0 SWA?

Basket is so much easier to bend and manipulate, no need for manufacturers bends, cut ends can be filed down easier, bolt cutters and a file is all you need.

Pretty bad installation in fact, sharp edges and not using the manufacturers T's and bends, I would have it taken out and re-done correctly.

But will not take the weight that a tray will, horse's for course's as they say and what it looks like above a false ceiling or in a plant room is so important.

Not having a laugh at all, been in the industry for over fifty years and seen professional electricians make something that will suit the situation without all the sharp angles and edges.

Reply to Tray & basket install in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock