Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss trendiswitch sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

TrendiSwitch. Read the thread on the 3 way switch and my sparky had the same problem. eventually they sent new ones but he spent ages trying all the combinations first. Any way, I have another problem and wanted your feedback please. Just built a new eco-house and wanted a really stylish internal fit so chose Trendiswitch. Where the outlets are on their own they look good but if you want, say, a double socket next to a TV aerial socket it looks terrible because the Aerial socket is 5mm bigger. In fact aerial, data, fused outlet for a dryer etc, are all bigger than the light and power sockets. Often you want these things in line so what they were thinking about I have no idea. They look terrible and I am so disappointed. They say I am the only one in the country with this problem. Do you know differently

Attachments

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Yes that's pretty poor design really, though I seem to recall having a similar issue with decorative plates a few years ago, can't remember the brand though.

Can't say I like any of the design of those really, they look ugly in my opinion.

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
There was a display of these in the local wholesalers some time ago. I asked how popular they were a few months back, apparently they hadn't sold any.

I like MK Albany Plus for non white stuff. :)

Have had issues with several ‘decorative’ switch plates , either not lining up or one plate being different dimensions (as per the OP pictures)

i guess it only really becomes apparent in kitchens when you have a row of sockets that look obviously out of shape

that said I always avoid using flat plate when possible and much prefer using a raised plate like Hamilton hartland

Last edited:

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
Been given them before to fit. 2 4 gang light stitches faulty within a month and the 3rd within a year. They are very poorly made and I would avoid them

They ought to be renamed as reallybadlydesigned switch, or dontmatchswitch.

I know taste is a personal thing but those in my eyes devalue a property. That maybe an aesthetic thing but they look terrible.

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to trendiswitch sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom