Discuss trendiswitch sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Deleted member 127363

TrendiSwitch. Read the thread on the 3 way switch and my sparky had the same problem. eventually they sent new ones but he spent ages trying all the combinations first. Any way, I have another problem and wanted your feedback please. Just built a new eco-house and wanted a really stylish internal fit so chose Trendiswitch. Where the outlets are on their own they look good but if you want, say, a double socket next to a TV aerial socket it looks terrible because the Aerial socket is 5mm bigger. In fact aerial, data, fused outlet for a dryer etc, are all bigger than the light and power sockets. Often you want these things in line so what they were thinking about I have no idea. They look terrible and I am so disappointed. They say I am the only one in the country with this problem. Do you know differently

Attachments

• trendiswitch sockets 20190816_120241 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190816_120241.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 44
  • trendiswitch sockets 20190816_120214 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190816_120214.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 45
There was a display of these in the local wholesalers some time ago. I asked how popular they were a few months back, apparently they hadn't sold any.

I like MK Albany Plus for non white stuff. :)

Have had issues with several ‘decorative’ switch plates , either not lining up or one plate being different dimensions (as per the OP pictures)

i guess it only really becomes apparent in kitchens when you have a row of sockets that look obviously out of shape

that said I always avoid using flat plate when possible and much prefer using a raised plate like Hamilton hartland

Last edited:
Been given them before to fit. 2 4 gang light stitches faulty within a month and the 3rd within a year. They are very poorly made and I would avoid them

Reply to trendiswitch sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock