uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Trimming RCD neutral lead. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

12345aob

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi chaps,

I've just got a small 6way unit and 5 rcbo's for my tiny terrace house.It dawned on me that I’m going to need to trim down the neutral leads on them to do a tidy job.

My question is if I cut-off the crimped end on the lead do I need to crimp another terminal on the end? - Will triming the lead void the warranty?

S

sparkyork

i wouldnt of thought it mattered mate, them neutral leeds are a pain imo, they have a mind of there own and never sit straight in a board! and why arnt they blue in colour?

sparkdog

-
Arms
I wondered about that as well and left them coiled up with the original crimp on because the conductor is made up of very fine strands which the terminal screw would cut if not crimped.Regards,Sparkdog.

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
i wouldnt of thought it mattered mate, them neutral leeds are a pain imo, they have a mind of there own and never sit straight in a board! and why arnt they blue in colour?
If they are black then it is to the old colours the new one's from MEM/Bill?Eaton are blue

W

WarrenG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's right the new ones are blue, the black ones are definately old stock.

There was also a recall (earlier this year - black ones) on quite a few MEM's and Square D, so if anyone is installing these make sure you test them!

I had a faulty one (MEM), which I was fitting on a Saturday Morning and I was well xxxxxx off to have to go back to the wholesaler and replace it. Especially at fifty odd quid!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

johnnyb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure about the warranty if you get a fault on 1 of the units, would your wholesaler take it back or not.

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Trimming RCD neutral lead. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom