Discuss Triple ladders in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I really need to ditch my ginormous double extender ladders and get a manageable triple extender.

Any advice on what to look for? Any particular brand or style to avoid?

The estates and buildings folk at my last place liked the Youngman glass fibre ones. Seem to be strong, relatively light, and non-conductive, which you never know when that might save things...

Bonus points for doing the YMCA routine!

1 joint in an extension ladder is enough . 2 joints ...double the lateral stability twice as much. last triple ladder i ever used was 35 years agofitting a bell box on a church hall. was 27ft up. ladders only went to 22ft. so pitched off roof of fiesta van, bungee tied to ladder rack both joints at max, also bungeed together. made sure got everything in a bucket so 1 climb only to fix. think i "mistakenly" left them on a job next day so boss had to but me a decent set of double extn.
[automerge]1589663181[/automerge]
i leftthe firm in 1985 and have still got the double extension ladders . :runner:

Last edited:
1 joint in an extension ladder is enough . 2 joints ...double the lateral stability twice as much. last triple ladder i ever used was 35 years agofitting a bell box on a church hall. was 27ft up. ladders only went to 22ft. so pitched off roof of fiesta van, bungee tied to ladder rack both joints at max, also bungeed together. made sure got everything in a bucket so 1 climb only to fix. think i "mistakenly" left them on a job next day so boss had to but me a decent set of double extn.
[automerge]1589663181[/automerge]
i leftthe firm in 1985 and have still got the double extension ladders . :runner:

That's odd, I was under the impression a decent triple extender is more than safe and stable and considered a good ideal solution

the ones i was issued with had more wobble than a 4 year old learning to ride a bike.

I've had a 6m macalaster (screwfix/b and q) for about 5 years, t was like £100 and is pretty sturdy, will also go into a big A frame with you able to extend the third section up

That's odd, I was under the impression a decent triple extender is more than safe and stable and considered a good ideal solution
Most ladders will have a bit of flex, we have a 10M triple that is good fun fully extended, but it needs another smaller ladder beside it to reach high enough to extend it. I'm only 9.5 stone so I don't have to worry about really rigid ladders. I keep 2 small triple ladders on the van and them frequently, the shorter one is good for carrying through houses or for inside use around stairs/landings. It also fits inside my VW Polo with the boot closed.

Most ladders will have a bit of flex, we have a 10M triple that is good fun fully extended, but it needs another smaller ladder beside it to reach high enough to extend it. I'm only 9.5 stone so I don't have to worry about really rigid ladders. I keep 2 small triple ladders on the van and them frequently, the shorter one is good for carrying through houses or for inside use around stairs/landings. It also fits inside my VW Polo with the boot closed.
9.5 stone? how do you cope on a windy day? :p :p

Reply to Triple ladders in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock