Discuss Tripping issue with Split load Wylex DB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Got an issue at home, today I got home and found one of the RCD's had tripped on my split load Wylex DB.
I tried to reset but it wasn't having it. Switched all MCB's off on the RCD (Call it number 1) that had tripped then reset. All was ok, switched each MCB on and stayed in.
Put the kettle on (which is on the other RCD (call it number 2) and on the kitchen circuit) and it tripped RCD number 1, kettle carried on boiling without an issue to the RCD 2 or the MCB it is on.

House was rewired in 2016 and the new board installed then

HELP, I am at my wits end which is a very short journey

Any ideas will be greatly received. Give me 3 phase any day of the weekWylex DB.jpg

That would be helpful for anyone investigating the issues
th
inspector Murdoch will find answer .:D

Best you find a local spark with an MFT, an earth leakage clamp meter and time on his hands

Have you unplugged all items on these circuits?
All items on the circuits on the RCD have been unplugged. But still it trips when anything on the kitchen circuit is switched on. We just tried each appliance in turn and each one tripped the RCD out. Weird the mcb and RCD that protects the kitchen circuits never tripped

Best you find a local spark with an MFT, an earth leakage clamp meter and time on his hands

Have you unplugged all items on these circuits?
Council property and all we got was your cooker is causing the issue. The cooker has been completely disconnected from the outlet and still it trips

Have it to hand when a spark is investigating - changes in IR readings may be very eye opening..........

BUT have you unplugged everything ? Washing machines? Dish washers? Ovens ?
The cooker was totally disconnected, washing machine dishwasher and tumble drier are on the kitchen circuit on the RCD that's not tripping. Just confused why after 2 years it's going ---- up

Have it to hand when a spark is investigating - changes in IR readings may be very eye opening..........

BUT have you unplugged everything ? Washing machines? Dish washers? Ovens ?
The cooker was totally disconnected, washing machine dishwasher and tumble drier are on the kitchen circuit on the RCD that's not tripping. Just confused why after 2 years it's going ---- up
is it still ?
is it still ?
Yes, I am giving up for tonight and will take the day off tomorrow to try and sort it

Yes, I am giving up for tonight and will take the day off tomorrow to try and sort it

Mice? water leak? trapped cable? DIY infliction?

Do you have any proper test kit?

Reply to Tripping issue with Split load Wylex DB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net