Discuss Triton T80 Easi-Fit Shower Cutting out with sink tap on ;-( in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hiya,

Had a Triton T80 8.5Kw shower for the last two years in upstairs bathroom connected to the mains cold supply.

Its still working but cutting out and the water going cold when the upstairs bathroom sink tap is switched on.

Have just bought a new Triton T80 10.5kw shower and hoping this will fix the issue (have the thick wiring connection to fuse box).

But a part of me is wondering if the issue may be with the cold supply being affected in some way and putting a new or more powerful shower is not going to help?

In fact the new 10.5kw shower requires a 1.5bar of water pressure as opposed to 1.0bar for the 8.5kw.

Any pointers? Any way to diagnose if its water pressure or a shower problem?

I guess I could unplug the water connection to the shower box and see what kind of flow is coming out of the pipe? Not sure if there any way to measure if its 1.5br? Just not sure why the shower is working fine, but has started cutting out when the cold sink or bath tap is on and if I am going to make it worse by upgrading the shower? Its about 2.5 years old now and so out of warranty. There is a low pressure warning light on the shower which I have never seen come on.

Welcome any direction please.

Last edited:

brianmoooore

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's just an empty tank, but the outlet comes from a pipe that goes to the top. It'll drain out if you can disconnect the solenoid valve on the inlet, or some have a safety valve for excess pressure at the bottom, that might be removeable.

OP
A
Reaction score
It's just an empty tank, but the outlet comes from a pipe that goes to the top. It'll drain out if you can disconnect the solenoid valve on the inlet, or some have a safety valve for excess pressure at the bottom, that might be removeable.
Thanks. Taken the old Triton 8.5Kw shower off and have it sitting around the garage trying to get the water of it. In the diagram attached from the manual, the inlet is (1) and the shower hose connection is (15) at the bottom.

Can get some water out with a big shake, but not much. If there is anything on the diagram I could tinker with willing to give it a go. Else I assume I can pack it away with the water in it, if its not going to corrode or mess with anything internally?

Attachments

• Triton T80 Easi-Fit Shower Cutting out with sink tap on ;-( Diagram Shower - EletriciansForums.net
    Diagram Shower.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 16

Reply to Triton T80 Easi-Fit Shower Cutting out with sink tap on ;-( in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net