Discuss Trouble wiring 11pin 3pole solenoid.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

silentboarder69

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to install a key isolated bathroom fan. The fan is in and working fine off the humidistat, I've then fitted a 3 pole solenoid controlled by a key switch. I've linked the key across pins 2 and 10 in accordance with the instructions, but it doesn't activate the solenoid. And using a long cable and testing with a voltage tester, both pins 2 and 10 are live. The guy in the shop advised to take a neutral to pin 10 and switched live to pin 2, is he right? I am domestic installer NICEIC, but never done one of these before!!

Rick

Hi.

A solenoid is much the same as any other current using item in that it needs a live and neutral or pos and neg to operate.

So I would agree with the guy in the shop about the live and neutral connections as simply switching your live across 2 and 10 will not work as there is no differential in the return path.

Hi The guy in the shop is correct, see attached drawingView attachment 317

Try this link

HowStuffWorks "How Relays Work"

In Your Case

2 and 10 are the coil contacts, these put power on the coil and then pull in the load contacts by creating a magnetic field. all the others are Load contacts with sets of Normaly open, normaly closed and Common.

Switch on off switch to see function.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Trouble wiring 11pin 3pole solenoid.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock