Discuss TRS Pendant in shower room in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mainebankelec

Just a quick question we got called in to repair a light fitting in a rented property which had been assessed by letting agency. On the scedule it said to replace bulb in bathroom light this we did as only allowed to do what mentioned on sheet at same time had to replace lampholder to TRS as old one would not accept bulb. Next day we get phone call to say light in bathroom not acceptable due to location but lampholder and pendant all above 2.25m in room so outside zones. I know in ideal world this is not acceptable but is all we were allowed to do by letting agency.

Was just wondering where we stand as we didnt replace light etc as we were only doing what we were informed to do as requested. Or what the rest of yous would of done

BTW lighting circuit is only protected by 100ma rcd

give letting agency kick up the butt and welcome them to the real world.

I had something similiar on the job im on at the moment. Ceiling in bathroom is just over 2.3 metres and customer wanted adjustable downlights fitted. Anyway I said if they could find "bathroom" ones then I would fit them. Customers looked on internet and found out about ceiling height so wanted me to fit standard ones, but I refused to fit as IN MY OPINION theyre not suitable for the enviornment. At the end of the day if theres a flexible shower head then whats to stop kids etc from spraying the ceiling. My 3 year old brother has done it twice! As said above, I would put a similiar arguement to the letting agent. As I said though this is just my personnal opinion.
Rob

Reply to TRS Pendant in shower room in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net