Discuss Trying to find a very bright, dimmable adjustable downlight. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I am building a single story extension which will be a gym. The ceiling will be sloped and higher than usual with 2 x skylights in it. It is an apex roof.

I'm looking for adjustable downlights at least 700 lumen (preferably more) and also dimmable.... Or, any other clever ideas for lighting? I want it bright!

It's going to be a gym, but I am bearing in mind when I sell, it may well change to a living room, hence not putting in big commercial downlights.

The only high lumen adjustable dimmable downlight I have found so far is the Collingwood H4 pro 700, but at £40 each it's just too much.

Cheers guys.

look OK but the switch on the back means having to rip it out of the ceiling to alter. that puts me off them.

Not used this particular model, but have installed lots of ML/Knightsbridge stuff with no problems:

CCT (switch on back): 3000K 800lm/ 4200K 880lm/ 5700K 850lm

One of the forum sponsors sell them, £10.52 each incl VAT.
Thanks Steve, nice and bright, but unfortunately not adjustable. They are for a sloped ceiling, so need to be able to shine downwards.

I stopped using JCC. I used to sell the LED10 and Hybrid 9 as they had a 10 year warranty as well as being a very good product. They have stopped production of both and cannot fulfil their warranty with a direct replacement.
I now use Collingwood where I can.

Ansell Prism Pro Gimbal might be worth a look. Haven't personally fitted any but fitted loads of the regular Prisms without issue.

Reply to Trying to find a very bright, dimmable adjustable downlight. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net