Discuss Trying to locate a RTC Dual Breaker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all.
Would anyone be able to tell me where I would be able to locate one of these.
It is for a transformer and each mcb is for one double socket. As you can see the one on the left hand side is damaged.DSC_1334.JPG
Thanks for any help.
Malc

Unless it has some kind of unique internal fixing I should imagine any breaker will fit.

That’s a 2pole MCB. You will need to replace it.
Any brand will do the trick.
Those two bolts on the front hold the MCB against the metal casing with a bracket.

Make sure it is the same size as the last one. The numbers have been rubbed off, but I would be guessing a 10amp or 16amp rating.

I think if you remove the link it will still operate as double pole, do yours switch independently.

So it should be ok to remove the link between the two breakers on a double pole as long as the dimensions of the hole are the same.
Thanks
You would be Ill advised to go tampering with an Over current device, it's DP for a reason, if you require a two circuit approach, then you would need two DP,OCPDs.

That is or was a double pole device but the link from the toggles has been removed or broken off so just fit a double pole mcb.

Pete. that's why I was questioning it.
Westward. No it is definitely two single pole mcb's but in the same unit. They have a second transformer with the same dual breaker. there is no link between the two poles.

The clue is in Black and White.
If it was 2 single pole MCB's the label would say Output MCBs.

It's meant to be a double pole.

Not dis-similar to this,, which may do as a replacement untill the correct one comes along....

DYNATEX Transformer 10 KVA & 20 KVA Minature Circuit Breaker Trip Switch 16A 16A Amp MCB - DYNATEX from A1 Plant Sales UK - http://www.a1plantsales.com/transformers-3-3-kva-to-20-kva-c21/dynatex-transformer-10-kva-20-kva-minature-circuit-breaker-trip-switch-16a-16a-amp-mcb-p2797

Reply to Trying to locate a RTC Dual Breaker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net