Discuss Trying to modify a Generac GP3300 portable generator in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lhoage

I have a Generac GP3300 portable generator. It has 1 120/240 30amp RV receptacle and 4 120v 14amp standard receptacles. What I want to do is change the four standards from 14 amp to 20 amps. Under the covers it has 2 14 amp breakers. the 120/240 is wired to both the breakers while the standard outlets are chained from the 120/240. The wiring is 14g.

Here is the information about the motor.

Shop Generac GP 3,300-Running Watts Portable Generator with Generac Engine at Lowes.com

UP170 | United Power Technology AG

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroad/cert/eo/2014/sore/u-u-125-0088.pdf

Mine is the 208cc model UP170.

Now, I already figured I'd have to switch all the wiring from the breaker to the receptacles from 14g to 12-10g. I'd also need different breakers. But what I need to know is whether or not I need to switch the wiring from the motor to the breakers from 14g to 12-10g, and if there's anything else I'm missing.

If a question is asked correctly they have no cause to shut a thread down. If you post on there regularly you would know that.

If a question is asked correctly they have no cause to shut a thread down. If you post on there regularly you would know that.

This is the standard reply for posts that are DIY.

"I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain."

This is the canned reply for DIY threads.

"I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain."

I do know how it works (there’s no need to repeat yourself) I am a member.

Reply to Trying to modify a Generac GP3300 portable generator in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock