Discuss TT outbuilding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

grumpyjohn01

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All, Just thought I would run something past the collective wisdom. Recently did a job that involved the conversion of a garage remote from the house to a small habitation space. The old install was supplied from the house via 6mm swa on a 30a BS3036 with the earthing connected to the house TN-C-S. I have kept that supply system but as the refurb included a kitchen with copper pipes and a steel supply pipe, I decided to separate the earth and fit an earth electrode. Of course I have fitted an amd 3 type steel ccu as the old board was in a dangerous state. I glanded incomer into plastic adaptable box and then fed the new ccu with a short length of 6mm T&E through back of box into wall void and then into ccu from rear through grommetted knockout. cpc of twin was terminated neatly into connector and L & N terminated into 30mA rcd mainswitch with minimal primary insulation exposed. Anything anybody would have done any different? Just musing as I fill in cert...can't think of a better way...anybody? cheers John

Is the gland of the cable within the adaptable box so it is contained from touch and the box identified. I would have probably used pvc/pvc into the CU so the cpc wasn't an issue. How short is the cable run in the cavity.

Is the gland of the cable within the adaptable box so it is contained from touch and the box identified. I would have probably used pvc/pvc into the CU so the cpc wasn't an issue. How short is the cable run in the cavity.
Thanks for reply. Yes box is identified and gland is external to box but has a very tight fitting shroud entirely covering gland. Yes, I would have preferred to use 6181Y but can't seem to readily find it in sizes below 10mm and there was no space to fit a bigger box to terminate a larger size so I thought a bit of twin was the best alternative...probably could have pulled the cpc right out as it was only about 300mm long. A pre amd 3 install would have been much more straightforward of course....!

Reply to TT outbuilding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock