Discuss TT supply Help required in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
Boys
I just looked at a TT system which comprises of a 100ma RCd which feeds a Service block, from the service block there are 3 sets of tails which in turn supply 3 x 30ma RCd's, these RCD's then feed 3 x CU's. The CU's are all type 3036 , what I want to do is change the 3036's to 60898's. Owing to the fact that the CU's are protected by a 30ma RCD will I have to go the whole hog and convert the Cu's to the latest 17th edition or will a simple swap suffice

Cant see a problem with a simple swap the main thing is the 30mA protection which is present. The way I look at it if you were fitting sockets and the customer would not agree to updating the CU you would have to protect the circuit with an RCD outside the CU anyway.

Thats my logic Im sure if its wrong we have over 7000 others that will point you in the right direction:)

Chris

Reply to TT supply Help required in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Need some advice, I have 7 static caravans to connect which need to be connected via TT 1. All the vans have a 30ma RCD main switch internally...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if someone might be able to help either confirm or change my understanding on the use of S-Type RCDs. I believe that they can be...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Long time member and not a regular user here. I do pop in here when the odd unknown pop's up and unable to locate an electrical dilemma...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I hope you could share your experience and advice regarding supply 50 flats in 5 storey block of flats. We get 3 x 430A supply. What...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock