Discuss TT System - Earth Rods in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Nath88

Just abit of advice needed please.
Off to do a job next week on a TT system the Ze was 463Ohms so I plan to install a new rod and main earth cable, But I know it's going to be a pain to get it low enough. If there any rules on having a link from my new rod to the old one?
Thanks

No you can link as many rods together as you wish, though not quite sure how linking to that 463 ohm one is going to help you much

Have you tried giving it a gentle tug, as chances are it will pull out very easily.

Cheers. Just wanted to check as I know it's allowed on lightning protection but wernt certain.
Nah il give it a tug next week and see if it comes out ha.
Thinking on it'll be better to locate the rod elsewhere anyways so easier to miss that one completely.

Come away from the building at least a metre, 1.5 would be better. This will avoid any rubble left by the original builders and as Tel says, depth is your friend

Hard work, so get someone else to bang em in for you, then take all the credit :)
Nah, you can knock up your own little knocker inner to fit in your SDS. Have it on hammer only and jobs a goodun the SDS does all the work. Or as an alternative collar a passing numpty and give him a tenner

I like the sound of the sds knockerinner I need details as I do a lot of lightning protection and have never thought of this. :)

You got a socket set and access to some welding gear?
If so take the socket and weld a driver bit on to it whack it in the SDS and off you go mate

Don't know why Iv never thought of that. Don't have access to a welder but I do have an sds bit that fits to sockets so that'll suffice. Cheers for the idea :)

I made my own which works fine.Cut the end off a cheap round pointy SDS chisel with an angle grinder.Push a bit of heater hose over the now flat end of chisel and secure with jubilee clip.

TT System - Earth Rods mash_hammer - EletriciansForums.net

thats all you need,and when your sweating like a pig and your arms ache you know you have a good rod reading

Nah, you can knock up your own little knocker inner to fit in your SDS. Have it on hammer only and jobs a goodun the SDS does all the work. Or as an alternative collar a passing numpty and give him a tenner

Pah , sds drill is small change - pneumatic jackhammer will drive in 3 mtrs of rod through hard ground in less than 60 seconds lol.

Reply to TT System - Earth Rods in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock