Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss TT system eic minor point in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mhar

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

New circuits. Ra of 229 Ohms therefore the rcds are for fault protection by design. Zdb of 0.29 (10mm gas bond) so are the rcds classed as additional protection?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi - my take is - Reg 542.2.6 says gas pipes can’t be used as an earth electrode. So the design should be based on the TT earth rod result.

O

Octopus

The "advisory" range for TT RA is up to 200 ......... could you add a 2nd rod? (or water the ground?;))

T

The Ghost

Put water with it...reminds me of a long time ago a team were putting in a gigantic earth rod. We used to put loads of salt and coke in the earth and then water it. We dug out the earth before hand and mixed it. One of the guys toward the end jumped on the "conditioned" patch and disappeared into the ground. At the time it was hilarious.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hi - my take is - Reg 542.2.6 says gas pipes can’t be used as an earth electrode. So the design should be based on the TT earth rod result.
The problem with that is the electricity won't read the book before deciding where to go.
With the values stated the gas pipework will carry the major part of any fault current to earth.

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Agreed.
Paperwork exercise I suppose, just in case gas gets converted to yellow plastic :)

D

Deleted member 9648

New circuits. Ra of 229 Ohms therefore the rcds are for fault protection by design. Zdb of 0.29 (10mm gas bond) so are the rcds classed as additional protection?
The RCD's will be for both fault and additional protection.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
starter for 10.....improve the earthing with more rods or mats.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
get 1 rod into the foul drain.that should bring the Ra down.:eek::eek::eek:.

wait hang on a moment i will be doing more TT jobs in london with the car charger PME situation.
so what do i need for this.. some 12 litre of coke and salt? and this makes the ground soft?

Reply to TT system eic minor point in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom