Discuss TT system stand by generator in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

gurungtp

Can anyone tell me if a test is to carried out to establish the resistance of earth electrode for a generator providing alternative supply
1)what must be agreed before test can begin?
2)Action to be taken with earthing conductor for generator before testing can began.
Action to be taken with generator before the action of above question 2
3)Instrument to be used and earthing conductor after the test.
Thanks

Is this a homework type question or a real life problem?

I know what I think it is.

If he looks the information is out there.

I’ve just downloaded a mass of UKPN documents on supply requirements.

Standard home work question
seek permission to isolate, disconnect earthing conductor having switched off, isolated and locked off generator, testing using an earth electrode resistance tester and reconnect earthing conductor before re-energising system.

You will really not learn anything from just getting the answers, try and think about why you would do these things and why in that particular order.
This is all very similar to a standard Ze test on an installation.
Do try and think about the questions and give your ideas on what the answers are, then you will learn something.

Standard home work question
seek permission to isolate, disconnect earthing conductor having switched off, isolated and locked off generator, testing using an earth electrode resistance tester and reconnect earthing conductor before re-energising system.

You will really not learn anything from just getting the answers, try and think about why you would do these things and why in that particular order.
This is all very similar to a standard Ze test on an installation.
Do try and think about the questions and give your ideas on what the answers are, then you will learn something.

Why?

Will people never learn!

The idea of homework is for the student to do the work. NOT to come on here where some numpty does their homework for them.

He’ll not have the internet in an exam.

Why?

Will people never learn!

The idea of homework is for the student to do the work. NOT to come on here where some numpty does their homework for them.

He’ll not have the internet in an exam.
Sorry Tony, I should not really have answered but this is just so basic, I did feel that there was no chance of getting anywhere if this question is not easily understood and answered. Sorry for being a numpty! :)

Reply to TT system stand by generator in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock