Discuss tt testing results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve.t.

hi
i'm not sighning it off, just doin some tests before a proper sparky sighns it off. will be doing my 2392 in a couple of weeks.
the ze is 284 so i suggested putting another earth rod in, will this help.
the PEFC is < 1 A, dont understand this
the PSCC is 0.66
the rcd test on sockets.
half it's 1999
1 it's 18.1 ms
1, 180, 8.8 ms
5 > 50v
5 180 >50v dont understand this
any help on these results would be great
cheers

hi
i'm not sighning it off, just doin some tests before a proper sparky sighns it off. will be doing my 2392 in a couple of weeks.
the ze is 284 so i suggested putting another earth rod in, will this help.
possibly!! try installing a deeper rod..
the PEFC is < 1 A, dont understand this
the PSCC is 0.66
Use the highest PSC/PFC (get a new reading after new rod installed)
the rcd test on sockets.
half it's 1999
yup
1 it's 18.1 ms
1, 180, 8.8 ms
5 > 50v
5 180 >50v dont understand this
is any thing plugged into the sockets as you have an induced voltage!! try testing at the RCD its self with test leads and turning all MCB OFF
any help on these results would be great
cheers

hope this helps at all

as durham msays, with the bit you don't understand about pefc <1A. use oms law. I=V/R. so I =230/284 = 0.81A which is < 1A. it's because your Ze is so high.

With your RCD test on 5 X it is putting 150mA of current into the test.

The test instument is telling you that the touch voltage is above 50v so the test is aborted.

I see your Ra is 284 Ohms 50/0.15 = 333.3 Ohms so its very close.

Did you reconnect your earth and bonding before the test ?

yes, all bonding and earthing was inplace as the tests were carried out. a longer or a second rod will be going in tomorrow, if a second rod what should the distance be between rods.
thank's for u're help

It should be min the length of the 1st rod apart, but really I'd say double that. Doubling the length of the rod will give you better results than putting another in. Search for " getting down to earth" on the forum, and have a good read. Its very informative.

I would have agood look at the rod thats in it could be corroded away.
I would drive a 5/8 rod in and take a reading better still couple another rod onto it and drive them down the deeper the better. (Dont forget to use a driving stud on top of the rod)

HPIM0234.JPG

This is what you might find !!!!!!

I've read the guide on earth rods, and apparently rust does not cause a lack of performance, unless it has cut the rod in half ect. Increasing the diameter of the rod doesnt give much improvement either. Driving the rods deeper will give you much better readings, and make them more stable.

yes the PSCC is 0.66ka, sorry about that, the earth electrode was new but the ground was very soft, went in to easy, so will put another in today and hope i get better results.
thank's for u're help

Reply to tt testing results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net