Discuss Tumble Dryer plug gets hot in the ElectricianTalk.com area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, I am here just doing some research.
We have a tumble dryer with a moulded plug fitted. The appliance is approx 6 years old and we have never experienced a problem up to now. I removed the plug by chance one day and noticed it was cracked and burnt between the holes, so I changed it for a new replacement which was an original in our new home before we had stuff done and I kept the original sockets. They are effectively unused and approx 18 months old.
The replacement got hot and smelled burnt, so my Mrs switched it off and unplugged it until I got home. I have checked the wiring in the faceplate, and it is all fine, investigations into the old faceplate revealed no internal burning or scorching either (dismantled down to it's individual components)
I plugged the dryer into a short extension to test what happens and I find the dryer plug is the thing getting hot and the socket stays as normal. This is a moulded plug, any ideas lads and lasses? before I chuck it away and buy a new one.... Thanks for your time and assistance all

Tags
dryerplug
  • ×dryer
  • ×plug
Multiple tags may be separated by commas.

Post thread

Tags​

advice alarm anyone attach bathroom bonding cable cables certification change circuit circuits consumer consumer unit cooker course current detector domestic earth earthing edition eicr electric electrical electrical jobs electrical work electrician electricians fan fault fire fuse garage heating hello house install installation job kitchen led level light lighting lights looking main member meter needed neutral new old other out panel pat pat testing phase pir please power problem protection question rcd required ring scheme shower socket sockets solar supply switch system test tester testing thread trainee training tripped tripping unit van vehicle voltage volts water where wiring work working

Electrical Forum​

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.

Copyright 2020 ElectriciansForums.net Free electrical advice website for professional and DIY electricians alike.

The place where professional electricians talk and share electrical advice, tips and videos for free.

Checkout our Directory of Electricians and Directory of Solar PV Installers which we are continually working on. This is crowd-sourced information that anybody can contribute to and use. We've also just launched our Electrician's Videos area. And that needs contributing to also. PlumbersLive.com
Professional Electrician news and information for all electricians and electrical engineers.
UK Tiling Forum | Tilers Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Central Heating Advice | Plumbing Advice
Electrical Safety Advice | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Tumble Dryer plug gets hot in the ElectricianTalk.com area at ElectriciansForums.net