Discuss Tumble dryer plug melted in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tumsch

DIY
Reaction score
My tumble dryer has been in the same position and worked for years today no power when I check plug hard to remove. Which I discovered was because melted, dryer was plugged into extension lead. What would have caused this? Do I need new dryer or can I just fit new plug? Thx

Attachments

• F53FA561-9F36-49C4-85AD-1435A2CF75D4.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 29
  • C336E341-494D-4877-9A0C-6E7CEF1FADEA.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 29
New plug required,
bin extension lead.

It is not a good idea to run a tumble dryer on an extension lead.
Can you get a socket fitted to plug it in to?

Was it a cheap make or well used extension lead? Contact from plug to socket is often poor and can lead to overheating.

Reply to Tumble dryer plug melted in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a Prima Tumble Dryer which I have had for 5 years. Just recently, the plug and socket melted. I replaced both and it melted again. I...
Replies
Views
My tumble dryer broke, an electrician put a new and stronger capacitor in, couple months later I realised that the socket on the extension lead...
Replies
Views
Hi, We’re having problems with our Bosch serie 6 washer/dryer. It’s about 6 years old. The model number is WVG30461GB/03. It has begun to stop...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The title should sound crazy enough, but it's what happening in my 72-years old home we've purchased 2 years ago. I found the crazy...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, happy new in advance to you all. Wondering if you guys may be able to help with my faulty dryer. My dryer was not spinning anymore...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock