• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Turning Programmer ON/OFF from 2 different locations in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D80

Got a customer that wants to be able to turn the heating programmer on and off from two different locations (the kitchen where the current programmer is and also from the bedroom above).

Is there anything on the market that can do this?

Its a single channel programmer at present.

D

D80

Customer wants 2 fixed locations, and on/off at either, so that rules that out unfortunately.

ecowarrior

New EF Member
Heatmiser do a WiFi Enabled Programmable Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi
WiFi Enabled Programmable Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi - Heatmiser - Stylish Thermostats for Modern Living
conventional or combi-boiler systems - 3 wires, etc

That means that the heating can be controlled over the internet, and therefore, from an Android/iPhone/Blackberry/PC/iPad etc from any room in the house, any house, etc...!
If they wanted a wall mounted control, you could stick a cheap (£70) PCTablet on the wall for them.
£154 apparently, but you'll also need broadband and wifi at home.
I've never used any Heatmiser stuff, but this is somethign I came across as a potential for my house. I'm guessing honeywell and the others may also do wifi enabled controls, but I'm not sure.

HandySparks

Forum Mentor
I like the look of the WiFi enabled programmable thermostat mentioned by ecowarrior.

If the customer doesn't want to go that route, I think you need to find out what they actually want to achieve. It may be that simply adding a cheap timer situated in the bedroom in parallel with the programmer might do most of what they need. They can then have up to 2 hours heating without touching the programmer downstairs.

I'm thinking of something like this runback timer from Timeguard:
Timeguard Run Back Timer c/w Boost| MeteorElectrical.com

D

D80

Cost is an issue I'd suspect, but will put that suggestion across. Was hoping there was a programmer about that could be controlled remotely and at source (like a 2 way programmer).

Will also suggest the Booster switch and/or fitting a room stat as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.