Discuss TV Socket in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mark.W

-
Reaction score
Morning Chaps

I am doing a job on Monday that involves installing a second TV point, I have never installed one of these before and was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to explain how to do this?

Many thanks
Mark:D

Hey bud.

Same as Phil said really, if you can locate the aerial cable in the loft maybe, then installing a splitter is the way to go (if there isn't one already).

Alternatively there may be a masthead amplifier on the pole that the aerial is attached to....maybe a spare terminal in this you could come off.

Thanks Guys

I got a plan of the property today and the second TV point will be literally on the opposite side of the wall, is there a way I can come off the first point?

Cheers
Mark

there are some arial outlets that are for linking tv points in a radial. i have had problems with certain wholsalers not able to supply these types but they are out there.:)

Global WPTV-FM-SAT2 Single Triplexed Plate with Return or Sky + - DASTV.co.uk
a socket with a return on it can be used.

or if you get into the loft or a suitable point to fit a splitter like this.-- 2 Way F Type Splitter 5 - 2400MHz Power Pass All Ports - DASTV.co.uk
just be aware you will need F-connector crimp ends to terminate with.

Vison; triax are a couple of manufacturers i can think of off the top of my head.

for more complex systems you could diplex your sat and terestrial together, send it to your sat decoder rf2 out (enabled in sky menu) and send to a amplifier/splitter to do rest of house.

Reply to TV Socket in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net