Discuss TV wiring for 9x new build flats in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Afternoon

Just so I can agree with the builder- can I get advise on following.

What wiring I need per flat to allow for sky and standard tv aerial

So per TV position in each flat (average flat 3x TV positions- 2x WF100 cables to flats utility cupboard- so if 3x TVs- there will be 6x WF100S in the utility cupboard of the flat
Then from the flat utility cupboard- take another 2x WF100 cables to the loft where the dish and aerials will be close

Will this be adequate and allow for sky and standard tv aerial

If they want to also wire for Virgin Media- just take 1x virgin media cable from the ground floor riser cupboard to each flats main TV
Then get virgin engineer to wire from road into ground intake?

Cheers

Take a twin sat from communal area to main tv position then take a single from main tv position to flats utility cupboard and run a single out to each extra position within flat. Do the same for each flat and run 5 singles from communal area to dish/aerial position. At the main tv point in the flat you’ll have a quadplex plate which the twin sat will connect to, then have a coax point which the single will connect to (you can get this all on one 2 g plate with modules). This single acts a return to the utility cupboard which will have a little splitter to connect the coaxes that go out to the extra points within flat. To make it work at the main tv point you plug a little 2 way splitter into the tv port on quadplex, plug the tv into the splitter and also plug the return into the splitter. Sky Q can work on a single coax and there has to me a special multi switch for this to work which is about £800. I normally wire it this way and allow £200 per flat for the tv guy to come in and do the connections in each flat, the communal and also put a dish and aerial up....He supply’s all the gear for this including any multi switches etc. There’s a myth that q doesn’t work properly with quadplex plate but that’s bollox, you just need the correct multi switch etc.

Same as 9 houses I should think!!

Reply to TV wiring for 9x new build flats in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock