Discuss Twin & Earth Stripping Tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JUD

Does anyone know where I can get one of these....

TEStripper.png

It slices the sheath down the centre of T&E. Looks like it has an adjustable size gauge on the top too. :cool3:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not used one but have been told by a sparky mate that they are good. I am tempted to order one myself.

The piccy in post #1 was a snapshot of a video on learninglounge.com.

He seemed to be getting on with it OK. Made it look effortless.

i just cut tghe centre of the twin with my ciuuets and pull the cores apart, not the CPC. works for me, and i find it quick and easy. i cant justify carrying another tool. saying that, ive got a jokari for doing FP, and flex, which can sometimes be a pain to strip.

The tool has just arrived. Very quick and easy to use.

It's a lot heavier and sturdier than I was expecting it to be. Blade depth and cable width adjusters too.

Just tried it on some 10mm². Went through it like hot knife though butter once I got the blade depth set right.

pair of pliers on t&e grab one core and yank it down, just rips the rubber, real easy. fp just make a nip and it breaks when bending, and flex just s you snips and fiddle about bending it and snipping , you do become good at it and overall 6in1 combi cutters from ck do the lot. swa i just use stanley mark round the slide nife away . i do have a si ilar type jokari tool and aint that good , to much fittering. there learn from me for free.

pair of pliers on t&e grab one core and yank it down, just rips the rubber, real easy. fp just make a nip and it breaks when bending, and flex just s you snips and fiddle about bending it and snipping , you do become good at it and overall 6in1 combi cutters from ck do the lot. swa i just use stanley mark round the slide nife away . i do have a si ilar type jokari tool and aint that good , to much fittering. there learn from me for free.

I have always done it that way using the bare earth wire to split the sheath but I think this tool makes it a lot easier.

I've also tried using the CK auto wire stripper but find it difficult to get far enough down cables when they're in back boxes etc.

I have always done it that way using the bare earth wire to split the sheath but I think this tool makes it a lot easier.

I've also tried using the CK auto wire stripper but find it difficult to get far enough down cables when they're in back boxes etc.

i dont mean to resurect an old thread but, can you post a pic to actual tool please

Reply to Twin & Earth Stripping Tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net