Discuss Twin output bathroom downflow heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bathroom downflow fan heater than can be switched between two different heat settings whilst in use.
The customer has asked for one but I feel that exposed switches are unlikely in a bathroom, however I have seen a review that said there was one available by pull cord switching.
All the ones I have found are adjustable at installation but not while in use.

Thanks for your help

If i remember right one of the dimplex heaters has a 1kw and 2kw setting

You could run to that from a double pole master 'on' switch then into a (10amp) 2 way switch to the 1 or 2 kw setting....this switch being placed in the right location...gash but would work

Alternately, talk to a rep and let them find it :detective:

There was one about a few years ago (Argos? iirc) that had a multi-function pullswitch ie first click half power, second click full power but I have seen one for a few years

There was one about a few years ago (Argos? iirc) that had a multi-function pullswitch ie first click half power, second click full power but I have seen one for a few years
I think that is the one the customer was thinking about, if it is now no longer available that explains why I cant find it!

Fin, I think I will have to go for the rep option!

the ones i use do the same. acel, from leccy center, made by eterna lighting ltd.

Thank you all for the assistance, I have now had another look in the less likely places and come up blank again, I will have to tell them that it is either the auto reducing output, 1kW output only, 2kW output only, or with a timer, or with a thermostat or all of the above! At least it made me find my Electric Centre catalogue!
Too many choices and none the one I want!

Cheers

Reply to Twin output bathroom downflow heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net