Discuss Two cables through conduit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning, hope your all well. Is it okay to run a 2.5mm and a 1.5mm cable through the same 20mm conduit?

As conduit is designed for singles cables it's not intended to be restricted to only one cable. But you haven't stated what it is you're trying to achieve.

Yes, your quite right it is fiddly. I'am going to run two conduits down the wall and not be so lazy.

As conduit is designed for singles cables it's not intended to be restricted to only one cable. But you haven't stated what it is you're trying to achieve.
I was just being lazy and run one length of conduit, but having tried getting two lengths of cable through the conduit I am going to put two runs of conduit in.

My pal who was assisting me with feeding t&e through conduit sprayed them with a silicone spray from skewfax, and all went well until my CK strippers refused to grip the insulation...

I did an Aiport earlier in the year and the lighting circuit was in 25mm conduit wired in 3 core t&e in 2.5mm and yes it's not easy to get hold of. And in LSF plenty of swearing going on during the install. And the reason why not in singles because it was run along tray !!

th
it will go in a treat.;)

Yellow 77 is good for conduit. Again singles are the correct cable type for a containment system like this though.

Reply to Two cables through conduit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there - good site. Mrs wants a new socket directly below a light switch on the ground floor (says it will look neater vertically inline)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two questions about domestic wiring In Ireland 1. Should conduit be used when passing multiple T&E cables (2.5mm) through a garage...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a DIY'er looking to build a 6x8 shed in my backyard in Colorado. I'm installing a gravel pad first, with 4 concrete Sonotube...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have 50 ft of corrugated pipe buried between my house and a pool shed. I placed it where I knew future landscaping would make it very...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am burying a fiber optic cable so I have internet in my garage. I have purchased the following flexible conduit to run the fiber optic...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock