Discuss two chimes on one doorbell pushbutton in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sl1210

hi,

a customer wants to replace his wireless doorbell with a wired system. now the thing is, he wants a chime in the house and a chime in his garage on the same button.

what is the best possible way to do this??? would i need a bigger transformer to power both chimes???

cheers

Possibly, depends on a number of factors including tranny ampage and voltage output, chime's elec specs, volt drop may be an issue if a very long run.

I recently added another chime to an existing bell, easiest way for me was to piggy-back off the terminals of the primary chime. When testing it initially to see if it worked ok, the chimes were a bit weak. However, when installed and the cable run was half the length as before the-chimes-were-a-chiming.

I know th new chime was rated at 8V 1A. But am not 100% certain on tranny or original chimes.

so i can just come off 1 chime to the 2nd. or should i just run 1 cable from push bell to chime 1 and 1 cable from push bell to chime 2??

Reply to two chimes on one doorbell pushbutton in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, A lot about this fault confused me to be honest. So customer complained the doorbell was not working as intended. By that I mean the chime...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a mains wired doorbell with the chime in the hallway. Parents are elderly and dont hear the bell all the time. I want to run two wires...
Replies
Views
I’m trying to install my Ring doorbell (2nd gen) and I’ve discovered that the transformer feeding my Freidland isn’t producing any power. I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, cautious DIYer, so just looking to confirm something. I got a wired Ring for our neighbors who have been without a doorbell at all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock