Discuss Two consumer units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Two consumer units and meters. One pair for a flat above a shop and the other set for the shop. The armoured cable rising diagonaly above the consumer unit ajacent to the building electric supply feeds the the shop meter and consumer unit in an other basement room.
Two consumer units IMG_20190706_2157140 - EletriciansForums.netTwo consumer units IMG_20190706_2158313 - EletriciansForums.netTwo consumer units IMG_20190706_2200264 - EletriciansForums.netTwo consumer units IMG_20190706_2200486 - EletriciansForums.net

It makes me laugh when spark come on the forums and asking about the jobs they do are doing or going .
Say your other half comes in with a dress and its tucked in there nickers
And you about to go out would you say
You look nice or would you say you are only half dressed .its a s&&t job.

Rather than use a new bit of earth cable because the old one is 6 inches too short they just grab a bit of 15a connector and ‘ add a bit ‘

Nice work

Rather than use a new bit of earth cable because the old one is 6 inches too short they just grab a bit of 15a connector and ‘ add a bit ‘

Nice work
The armoured cable is a roller coaster run. There is plenty length to connect an uninterupted earth. The cable is salvaged three phase where the yellow has been used as an earth.They were too lazy to cut the sheath back .

It makes me laugh when spark come on the forums and asking about the jobs they do are doing or going .
Say your other half comes in with a dress and its tucked in there nickers
And you about to go out would you say
You look nice or would you say you are only half dressed .its a s&&t job.
Unless I am wrong Buzz the O.P. is a plumber maybe his from the other side and sees the forum of sound advice. Why his reasons for asking is another matter.

Wait a minute. Are those two meters in series?
I'd say the second one is possibly for accommodation above the shop so they can be charged privately.

There seems to be a general lack of understanding of how many layers of insulation need to be on cables, and how to attach them to the wall. And various other details.

Reply to Two consumer units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock