Discuss two inverters connected separate or parallel in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

erf151an001

I have two inverters wired to two strings. Do I need two separate wires from each inverter to an individual mcb. Or can I dual up the supply so only using 1 isolator at the generation meter end. I will still have 2 isolators in the loft adjacent each inverter. Or is it best practice to run 2 separate circuits? Although they will be connected together at the generation meter anyway. Your thoughts ate welcome?

I suspect it depends on the inverter. The SMA ones I have installed have all stated in the manufacturers instructions that they should be on a separate mcb. What do the installation instrs say?
Regards
Bruce

thanks for the replies guys.

I can see that ideally you would supply each invereter via separate mcb's but unless I'm missing something, if for instance the mcb were to trip for inverter 1.

Being as the supplies are common in the generation meter it would still have a supply via the mcb for inverter 2.

I assume its not normal to install a generation meter per inverter?

No mention in the manufacturers instructions either!

They are Solar Europa 1500 inverters.

Think its easier to install via 1 mcb and 1 isolator downstairs next to the generation meter then this supply will be wired to each isolator in the loft adjacent each inverter.

Need to get this right as its the install I'm using for my MCS accreditation.

Any more thoughts?

Reply to two inverters connected separate or parallel in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net