Discuss Two mats one controller in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi
I am planning on installing two UFH mats,
One 9m2 the other 6m2, i have the one controller, (living room / dining room)
Is it ok to put both mats into the one controller?

No not an electrician by trade
The mats are 150w

The controller says
Voltage : AC230V
Setting range: 5℃~50℃
Limitation range: 4℃-99℃
Switch differential: 0.5℃
Protective housing: IP20
Housing material: anti-flammable PC
Floor sensor: rubber-thermoplastic NTC sensor,cable length is 3m
CE Certificated

If you're not an electrician and clearly you are struggling with this I'd strongly advise you get an electrician to connect this for you.

Found this

FH-300 Thermostat

Voltage
AC230V
Power consumption
2W
Setting range
5℃~50℃ (factory setting: 5℃~35℃)
Limitation range
4℃~99℃ (factory setting: 28℃~32℃)
Switching Differential
±0.5K
Ambient Temperature
-5℃~50℃
Protective Housing
IP20
Housing Material
Self-extinguishing PC
Floor Sensor
Rubber-thermoplastic NTC sensor, Cable length is 3m
Current
16A Resistive
Temperature Limit Option
Yes
Keypad Lock
Yes

Theres no way each mat is 150w. They are different sizes for a start.

If there was a total load of 300w over an area of 15m2 it wouldn't be getting very warm at all.

Like I said before, get someone who knows what they are doing. I suspect I'm banging my head against a brick wall here though.

If there was a total load of 300w over an area of 15m2 it wouldn't be getting very warm at all.

Like I said before, get someone who knows what they are doing. I suspect I'm banging my head against a brick wall here though.

Or a nice warm floor perhaps :tearsofjoy:

He means 150w per metre

so total load will be 2250watts. most stats should handle this, but should only fit 1 floor sensor, . if 2 are fitted, they will conflict.

Ok so i have pulled the wire i had in my wall from my last thermostat,
(replaced with a nest 12v)

I am going to wire up my new thermostat but the wires are not what i expected to be ( see photo)

So to wire up the thermostat what wires go where?
Grey (N)
Brown (L)
Black (switched live)
Green (E)

Thanks

Two mats one controller IMG_0328 - EletriciansForums.net

Mark, you can not use a 12v stat to switch 230v. You are giving me the impression that you do not have the electrical competence/understanding so please don't proceed further others on here maybe not so diplomatic.

the new thermostat i have is 230v,

The wires that came out of my old stat, the electrician (who fitted my nest) says is 230v so i used a 12v to power my nest for my radiators and heating the water,

I planned to use the wires that came out of my old stat ( see photo)
to power my new UFH stat,

Reply to Two mats one controller in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock