CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Two meters one building! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Can anyone think of any practical/regulation issues with having two separate supplies in one industrial building? The client wants to use some machines on one supply and some on another. Apparrently they have different tarriffs and the equipment would be split up to take advantage of the hours used etc. Potentially it could end up with one machine supplied from meter A, whilst the one next to it, and adjacent lights & power are fed from meter B. Just doesn't seem right to me but I cannot think where this specifically is not allowed. Any thoughts welcome.

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
Worked in a place that ha two metered supplies but that was because it had been two seperate buildings at one time.

All that was done was that any electrical equipment which was in one half was supplied via the supply in that half and the other half from the other supply but there was no crossing over the former boundry just in case in the future it was spilt into to seperate buildings again.

As long as they supply their respective halfs of the building I can see no problem as it would be more hassle to get one supply capped and a larger supply put in.

K

Kris

Something along the lines of dual supply warning signs I know that ones not quite right but there must be something like it.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Two meters one building! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom