Discuss Two Pin Socket Outlets??? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete E

-
DIY
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a two pin 230V socket outlet suitable for charging electric toothbrushes?

The nearest I have been able to find is a dual voltage shaver socket, but I don't really need the 110V as I don't use an electric shaver.

The socket will be mounted within an enclosed airing cupboard within a bathroom or within an built in wardrobe within a bedroom, or possibly both as both locations have easy access to the ring main to spur off...

MK K700WHI is a single 200-250v outlet which fits in a single pattress. Expensive however! Also clearly marked as not suitable for bathroom use - mine is in a built in wardrobe as per your proposal. Google the part number.

Can anybody recommend a two pin 230V socket outlet suitable for charging electric toothbrushes?

The nearest I have been able to find is a dual voltage shaver socket, but I don't really need the 110V as I don't use an electric shaver.

The socket will be mounted within an enclosed airing cupboard within a bathroom or within an built in wardrobe within a bedroom, or possibly both as both locations have easy access to the ring main to spur off...
Change the plug top on your tooth brush to a 13 Amp one suitably fused down of course, or get a Shaver socket installed in your bathroom, compliant with BS 7671.

Shaver sockets don't comply to BS7671:D

Shaver sockets don't comply to BS7671:D
No BS 3535 to be exact but the installation would have to comply to BS 7671 wouldn't it? or would it be noted as a departure from BS 7671 duly noted on the EIC?

Shaver socket in bathroom. That’s why electric toothbrushes come with a 2 pin plug.... likely to be kept in a bathroom, and shaver sockets are installed in bathrooms.

Can you still get the shaver adaptors? 13a pins to 2 hole socket?
Do the pins on a shaver or toothbrush match up with the L & N of the old 5A sockets?

You know, I was thinking that after making the post...Sometimes I miss the obvious! lol
It happens to all of us at times, well nearly all of us there are one or two who think they are right all of the time in every walk of life.

Shaver socket in bathroom. That’s why electric toothbrushes come with a 2 pin plug.... likely to be kept in a bathroom, and shaver sockets are installed in bathrooms.

Can you still get the shaver adaptors? 13a pins to 2 hole socket?
Do the pins on a shaver or toothbrush match up with the L & N of the old 5A sockets?

Trying to avoid charging and/or keeping the toothbrush in the bathroom as the "logical" place to fit a shaver socket would mean the charger base would be on a window sill over the toilet, which is probably not the most hygienic location....

At present we are using one of those two pin adaptors, but the house seems to be filling with adaptors/chargers/ and sundry cables ect. The blight of modern mobile technology I suppose!

Screw that and I will get flamed for this so am wearing my racing suit for this post.

I just fitted a double socket under the sink unit so my shaver, wahl pube trimer, electric toothbrush, waterpik, the girlfriends hair dryer etc etc can all be be charged its run off the main circuit via a spur, in the last 5 years no one has died or been electrocuted.

Go to other countries and the bathroom is where they have the washing machine and a socket above the sink next to the mirror so the ladies can dry their hair.

Totally stupid reg but I understand its for the peasants with a bathroom the size of a toilet cubicle......... and maybe they should be culled anyways........

PS, has anyone ever seen a nice shaver socket or it being used?

Mines hidden within this unit.

upload_2018-8-17_13-36-22.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Two Pin Socket Outlets??? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net