Discuss Two roofs for arrays plugged into neigbouring 3 phase supply in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

solarfred

Customer wants to put 2 x 4kw arrays onto the properties he owns next to his business as they have the perfect roofs.
He has a large electric demand so needs to plug into the business supply and get everything available. Apart from balancing the loads over 3 phase and accepting that it would be hard to unravel the deal if he wanted to sell either property is there any reason not to do this. In effect he is just using the other properties as a free standing array to support the panels and everything goes into his supply service. Technically under planning regs. he complies as the array will not be outside permitted development based on two separate properties. It makes no mention of who gets the benefit.
I have advised he should contact the council to check as it faces across a main road but that may lead to a can of worms better left unopened as the council will probably not understand the concept anyway. He will need to get the roof structure checked. He is gambling on the Appeal being lost as he was told the 43p was guaranteed before 3rd March! I explained the actual situation.
I know there have been similar questions a while ago but I cannot remember the final opinions in this scenario.

Planning and G83 OK but, if I understand you correctly, he will be putting the whole 8kW into a single 3-phase supply on his own property? That means it is a single site installation for FiTs and, at 8kW, he would only get 37.8p at best or 16.8p if DECC win appeal.

Strange enough I've got a similar install next week, owner owns next door(rental) and wants 4kWp across both into his supply.

I am just scratching my head thinking of a legal option! Having 3 meters means it can be split but feeding the power back is going to need an extension lead!

Reply to Two roofs for arrays plugged into neigbouring 3 phase supply in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock