Discuss Two SB4000tl-20s on the same phase in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dave hodson

I am installing two sb4000tl-20s on the same phase. Only one array was ready so I put one inverter on-line. No problems. In the week it took to return to site, the single system had generated 99Kwh. When the second inverter went on-line (same phase), both systems looked normal, for a while. Then they started to 'bounce'. When both were on line, it was arbitrary which one would drop out, back-off then come back on-line. I eventually switched the second one off and the first came back on ok. I have applied for a 'grid guard' code but with the grid voltage already at 248V, what would the settings for the two inverters have to be for them to operate together? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like cables not thick enough and/or supply cannot take total current without voltage rising beyond limits.

Did you get G59 or G83 approval to connect?

G59 cuts out at a lower voltage that G83.

We've done many many multiple inverter installtions, and the only time we see inverters dropping out like that is when they are hitting the G59 limits. 2 Causes, 1) incoming voltage high, or 2) undersized wiring.

We've never had 2) we tend to oversize, so as to minimise any possible voltage drop - even 1% (2.3V ) could be too much in some instances certainly 3% will cause problesm.

We have had 1) high iincoming voltages and the only solution is to get the DNO to reduce the incoming.

If you got G83 permission to connect, then voltgae drop out is unlikely to be the problem.

Note, without written approval from the DNO you arent allowed to simply change an inverter from G59 to G83.

Contacted DNO today. Awaiting reply. In the meantime, I will be increasing cable sizes to 10mm from the 4mm I installed. Reason for 4mm is the run is only 2mt to the DB. Thanks everyone. You have all been most helpful. I'll post the results when I get them both online.

Reply to Two SB4000tl-20s on the same phase in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock