Discuss Type A RCD by BG? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm looking for a type A RCD by BG, it could also be a type B (BG).

I can find Wylex and Hagar ones but not BG, any helpful links guys? :)

ask BG direct. theys only in Telford, just up road from you.

dont think BG do one yet, needed one myself for an ev charger recently, in the end i ran small board from a spare way and used a rolec rcbo with type a rcd protection in it.
You read my mind! This is to run a new supply to a garage. However, it is in preparation for a future EV point.
How did you get away with an RCBO Gavin? Section 722 says it has to be a DP RCD?

In fact I'm struggling to find the wylex Type A RCD at a sensible price.
The links I'm coming up with are for around £140!
Anyone find a sensibly priced Wylex Type A RCD? Or in fact ANY type A RCD? (or type B)

I can find a Chint (type A) which I'd really rather not go for as Chint RCD's seem to fail more than others.
Also I can find an 'ESR' Type A RCD but no small board for it to go into.
The board has to have at least 5 ways (1 x RCD + 3 ways).

I'm not an electrician but I don't know if you are aware that Wylex/Crabtree do RCBO's that are Type A with a switched neutral. Wylex themselves describe them as single pole with switched neutral [1P+N], but retailers market them as switched DP or just plain DP and forum members describe them as DP. So I don't really know if they are truly DP, or in effect DP, but you'll know better than me on that.

It's their new "NHXS" range, which you'll find in Toolstation.

There is a sheet on Wylex's website about the RCBO's.

I also found a thread on this forum, dated 19 July, which suggest some other options too, it is called "Recommend me a small cu with dp mcbs rcbos" - thread number 175774.

I'm afraid that I can't link to any of the external resources anymore due to the restrictive spam filtering.

I don't know if this is of any help to you.

I'm not an electrician but I don't know if you are aware that Wylex/Crabtree do RCBO's that are Type A with a switched neutral. Wylex themselves describe them as single pole with switched neutral [1P+N], but retailers market them as switched DP or just plain DP and forum members describe them as DP. So I don't really know if they are truly DP, or in effect DP, but you'll know better than me on that.

It's their new "NHXS" range, which you'll find in Toolstation.

There is a sheet on Wylex's website about the RCBO's.

I also found a thread on this forum, dated 19 July, which suggest some other options too, it is called "Recommend me a small cu with dp mcbs rcbos" - thread number 175774.

I'm afraid that I can't link to any of the external resources anymore due to the restrictive spam filtering.

I don't know if this is of any help to you.

Many thanks for the detailed response. I'll have a look and see if they're suitable.

I have been using CP Fusebox for a while and nothing bad to report and good value for money much better than BG they also do the type A RCBO FuseBox - Page 4 of 4 - Thomas Electrical Distributors Ltd - https://thomaselectricaldistributors.co.uk/brand/fusebox/page/4/

Thanks for that. I've spent hours looking for type a rcd's and they didn't come up! :)

You read my mind! This is to run a new supply to a garage. However, it is in preparation for a future EV point.
How did you get away with an RCBO Gavin? Section 722 says it has to be a DP RCD?
Manufacturers instructions, the ev charger company told me what to install and i followed instructions, the rolec chargers have the same rcbos in them in the top of the pod. some models have the rcbos others the rcds.
eitherway rolec willflog you via a wholesalers a type a rcd for sensible prices. I pay via denmans around £30 with the shipping fee included. have a look at the rolec book from last year, has the type a rcds/rcbos in it. rolec should have 2019s book on there site too.

Reply to Type A RCD by BG? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock