Discuss UK Electrician working in Sweden in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering has anyone worked in Sweden and knows the rules for us working there etc?
Do we have to complete exams to carry out electrical installation. lastly is it easy enough to find work there?

Thanks.
Ashley.

If it's anything like Finland the rules were pretty strict, or at least they were back in the 80s

The Swedish electrical regs are very short and sweet not like our BS7671. If I can recall they are only about 30 pages in total. Their definition of a skilled person that can work on electrical systems mentions having relevant education, knowledge and experience. It all really depends whether they will accept UK qualifications and grade you in some way. You might also find the language to be a barrier unless of course you speak Swedish.

PS Why Sweden? The price of a beer is extortionate:)

Last edited:
The Swedish electrical regs are very short and sweet not like our BS7671. If I can recall they are only about 30 pages in total. Their definition of a skilled person that can work on electrical systems mentions having relevant education, knowledge and experience. It all really depends whether they will accept UK qualifications and grade you in some way. You might also find the language to be a barrier unless of course you speak Swedish.

PS Why Sweden? The price of a beer is extortionate:)

Ok so I'm guessing it's a lot more straight forward than here! I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible so I have an idea when I go over there. I can understand quite a lot of Swedish just its hard speaking the language.

My girlfriend is Swedish so that's why il be living there.

Well I'm awfully sorry, but I did say it was back in the 80s, I'll try better next time. Hardly relevant into days age, but hey it was a reply.

This may of come across a bit rude depending on the way you look at things. i was just after further details and in order to make this post more active.

maybe it came across a bit rude but I was just saying that I needed more information. Also makes the post more active so people will reply with their experiences.

Well my experience was that the rule were a bit strict in the 80s

Why is it people "fish around" on the internet and not ask the correct people? All they are doing is wasting time and probably getting some dubious advice too!

Why is it people "fish around" on the internet and not ask the correct people? All they are doing is wasting time and probably getting some dubious advice too!

its good to hear from what other people have to say about this especially if they have worked there. If I don't find the right information il have to contact the embassy like you said!

Ok so I'm guessing it's a lot more straight forward than here! I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible so I have an idea when I go over there. I can understand quite a lot of Swedish just its hard speaking the language.

My girlfriend is Swedish so that's why il be living there.
Did you get registered in sweden

Reply to UK Electrician working in Sweden in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock