Discuss Unbalanced Delta load in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have an electric oven with 6 elements.the connection, one thermostat has 4 element and the other termostat has 2 elements.
Its ,,delta" connected.
If the first thermostat is on then:
L1 connected to 4 elements.
L2 to 2 elements
L3 to 2 elements in delta.
If the second thermostat is on as well then the L2 and L3 have also 4 connecion to elments and in this case its balanced.
But if just the first thermo is on L1:27 amp
L2:14 anp,L3:14 amp.What any fault can occur?

I'm not sure what the question is but apart from motors it's rare to have a 3ph appliance that does have a balanced load.
Its an oven.the connection is delta.there is no neutral.i have 2 individual thermostat.and the 6 elements are devided to 4 and 2 elements per thermostat.if the first thermostat is on only L1:27 amp,L2:14 amp,L3:14amp.
If the second thermostat is on only then L1:0amp,L2:14amp,L3:14amp.If both thermostat are on all phase have 27amp.But what fault can occur in unbalanced delta connection?

Well the same as anything else, open circuit, short circuit etc etc.

Not sure what you are asking about.

It's an unbalanced load, on any three phase distribution system there is usually some unbalanced - ok in that case it returns via the neutral , but in this case as it's connected in delta the differences are restricted to the three phases/lines.

Just realised, this is must be a homework question??

There won't be any different faults because it's unbalanced than there would be if it's balanced.

I'm not sure what the question is but apart from motors it's rare to have a 3ph appliance that does have a balanced load.
I take it you are referring to 3phase3 wire loads when you talk of 3Phase balanced loads 3 Phase 4 wire loads are different.

The problem is your question, if its part of your coursework, the actual answer will be specific to the notes/lectures, outwith that its meaningless.

You could just ask

I have three different loads plugged in - what will happen?

Err - happen in what way? Fans will go round, lights will shine a bit brighter if they get turned on etc etc

Reply to Unbalanced Delta load in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock