Discuss Uncertain on cutout fuse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Did an EICR today in an HMO, All fine apart from a few bits i have to put right on Thursday.
Cut out is of an old clunky style, fuse carrier looks like a later modification has a worn sticker on it, barely legible, says BS 88:1967 on it.
It looks like its never been pulled and has some old tags on, Paint splashes are not broken, so looks original. I certainly wasnt going to call the seal fairies on this one! Uncertain of the rating of the fuse.
I know with some BS:88 fuses that they can vary between bolt in/clip in and other types aswell.
Apart from recording it as an operation limitation I aint pulling it or going to get the DNO out.
What can people tell me about them? be interested to know more. In hindsight i should taken a picture.

It's a BS 88-2

Just write on EICR cut out fuse rating "Not labelled"

Out of interest, what size are the tails and how much load does it have on this install?

Ask the fairies to cut and discard the seal.
Pull fuse, open case and see what size the fuse is. Replace fuse and reseal with a bit of copper wire twisted together.

If anyone asks, just tell them that’s how it was done in 1967.

It's a BS 88-2

Just write on EICR cut out fuse rating "Not labelled"

Out of interest, what size are the tails and how much load does it have on this install?
Why would you state not labelled, even if it were it means nothing unless you can physically verify it.

Why would you state not labelled, even if it were it means nothing unless you can physically verify it.

You'd need to take it up with the IET who design the model forms.
You could also write "Not verified" if you'd rather. Better to write something that shows you have actually looked at it. A blank would look like you hadn't.

Reply to Uncertain on cutout fuse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net