Discuss Under bathroom floor rewire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rob G

-
Reaction score
Hi there,

We have had an electrician work on a fix price job to rewire the house. He has routed all of the cabling under the bathroom floor. I expected that he would routed another way which was more difficult, but wouldn't have gone under the bathroom floor.

Is anyone able to confirm if this is A safe and B legal and up to regs. It doesn't feel right that all of the new circuits run under a area such as bathroom. Thinking what happens if there is an escape of water?

Many thanks

Rob

This should be perfectly fine. There should be no problems even in the event of an escape of water as the cable runs should not have any joins in them that could be affected by water ingress. Even if water ingress did cause problems to any part of the wiring system a rewire will have incorporated the most up to date circuit protection devices which are designed to prevent dangerous problems.

There are no regulations I can think of that have broken in this method. I would put a light fitting in the room under a bathroom with no worries at all.
I do believe your worries are unfounded.

If you are worried about a sudden escape of water then just make sure that your plumber is better than the Spark - everything will be fine then!
Agree with above - no regs. All underfloors are transit areas for cable runs, it’ll be RCD protected as of 18th edition.

Fixed priced job and the electrician took the easier route which is all fine and dandy and meets all regulations to be honest, why should he have taken the difficult route?

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. If I was on a price I would be taking the easier and shorter route too

Reply to Under bathroom floor rewire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock