Discuss Under cupboard lighting - help! in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

KAB

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a Taylor Wimpey new build and had under cupboard lights put in the kitchen. 3 years on and the first one has gone out but when I unscrewed the casing to see how to change it, I am completely baffled!

Can anyone tell from the pic what I need to do/buy to change this, or do I need a electrician to look at this for me? If so, I’m in the right place :)

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Under cupboard lighting - help! FD4549AD-F733-46FF-9AAA-658F0F436079 - EletriciansForums.net

a pic from the other side of the panel its sunk in to would be really useful, it might show the manufacturer and part number.

The "bulb" is not changeable, it needs a new fitting or driver (the box the cable from the light goes into)

Has the plug that connects to driver worked loose? It might need pushing in a little

There is no bulb to replace, its a new fitting im afraid.......yeah i know, stupid aint it!

Ok thank you, I’ll see if I can get the panel down and have a look. In my naive mind, I thought I could just change a bulb :(

I would expect that the unit should be removable by pulling it straight down out of the panel as it looks to be held by springs at the sides.
somewhat like this
Under cupboard lighting - help! recessed-under-cabinet-light - EletriciansForums.net
The attached cable may take a circuitous route to the driver though and have a unique connection plug on the end.

If you narrow this down to the bulb not working then it looks as if you have just unscrewed the top casing, i'd assume if you can pull the fitting through or get behind the fitting there maybe a connector coming out the back of it which would then be a simple case of getting a new bulb and clicking into the connector.

If you would like to test whether it is the bulb or power supply you can do the following..

If there are multiple bulbs wired back to one power supply then this would indicate that the power supply isn't the issue (as the others are working fine on the same power supply).

If there is one power supply per fitting, then a test you can do is to try a known working power supply (one that is powering one of the others and working), and wire it to this bulb.

Reply to Under cupboard lighting - help! in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock