Discuss Under ground wires to shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cleclair

DIY
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm trying to run electricity out to my shed to run a workshop (table saw, miter saw, dust collector, some lights and some other small power tools) . There used to be a hot tub that was gone before I bought the house thst has a 100 amp double post breaker (I think that's what its called) in my breaker box. Can I run wire from where that come out of the house to the shed? If I can, how should I run the wire underground? Its about a 75 ft run. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, I'm trying to run electricity out to my shed to run a workshop (table saw, miter saw, dust collector, some lights and some other small power tools) . There used to be a hot tub that was gone before I bought the house thst has a 100 amp double post breaker (I think that's what its called) in my breaker box. Can I run wire from where that come out of the house to the shed? If I can, how should I run the wire underground? Its about a 75 ft run. Thanks in advance!
Yes you can use that 100 amp breaker but then you would need two 2/0 copper wires one 1/0 copper for the neutral and one # 6 ground. My advice is to install a 50 amp double pole breaker in place of the 100. Then you can go to Home Depot or Lowe’s and buy 8/3 with ground romex direct burial wire and purchase a 60 amp 16 circuit panel and yes it has to be under ground. Please hire an electrician and good luck my friend and if I can help let us know

Yes you can use that 100 amp breaker but then you would need two 2/0 copper wires one 1/0 copper for the neutral and one # 6 ground. My advice is to install a 50 amp double pole breaker in place of the 100. Then you can go to Home Depot or Lowe’s and buy 8/3 with ground romex direct burial wire and purchase a 60 amp 16 circuit panel and yes it has to be under ground. Please hire an electrician and good luck my friend and if I can help let us know

Definitely sounds like I'll be hiring an electrician lol. Thanks for the reply!

Reply to Under ground wires to shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net