Discuss Underfloor heating has L-N-E only. Is there something missing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been asked to wire a thermostat to and underfloor heating system on an extension I am wiring, the builder installed it and tiled the floor and threw the box and instructions away!!!! There is only L-N-E in the box to connect so obviously I cannot wire a thermostat. Is this correct or should there be a probe?

The programmer usually has terminals for stat and the heating

As well as a feed.

There should be 2 cables coming from the floor.

There possibly could be stuff without a stat but I've never Seen any.

You have to wire a thermostat in the room that its installed in, so your switch wire is connected onto your live in the connection box and when it reaches desired temp, voila.

The Mat is say L-N-E, but then the probe is usually just down to the floor from the stat and maybe two tiles out not usually very long very tight they are with this cable. yes there is more.... probe to stat usualy seperate item

Thats a good idea just stick a Standard room stat next to a spur in the room the mat is in but what sets the tile temp from burning ur feet must look into this one... maybe get manufacturer number of order number builder used, im sure he will have a recipt for VAT man hehe..so he did buy it....

Reply to Underfloor heating has L-N-E only. Is there something missing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've pretty much sussed out the wiring for the radiators and underfloor heating, thanks to help from the forum. I do have one more question...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Have been asked to wire one of these into a heating system that has no separate control (or valves) for HW & CH. Customer is going...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
I'm writing this mainly hoping something occurs to me while writing it! I got called to an occasionally tripping RCD. It's a Hager double height...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock