Discuss Underfloor heating query! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bluefoxfire1234

I'm installing under floor heating on a concrete floor, it will be having wood flooring. Just wondering if I have to enclose the cable in a steel conduit or use armoured? Or if I'd get away with clipping t&e on the floor? Any advice would help. Thanks.

bloody 'ell. this has to be a wind-up. if not, then you need to get someone who knows what the bloody hell they're doing.

lol....lol lol...
anyone knows its an SWA....
you will need a 10mm CSA 3 core...
scratch out a deep enough channel in the concrete wont you...allow a bit more at the ends so you can fly the armourings into a connector block...

Unbelievable.

when clipping t+e to the concrete floor you have to wait for the precise moment, too soft and clip nails will be coming off, too hard will be trouble to nail them in.
;-)

Reply to Underfloor heating query! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two questions about domestic wiring In Ireland 1. Should conduit be used when passing multiple T&E cables (2.5mm) through a garage...
Replies
Views
I'm after some advice please, I have carbon mat underfloor heating throughout my bungalow, each room has its own thermostat and are fed via a...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is a repost of the initial in diy as the only potential diy aspect is the prep ahead of a qualified person attending, this is hopefully...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock