Discuss UNDERFLOOR HEATING Quick Question. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

P4ulo

Hi chaps. I've come over from the Tilers Forum for some precious advice. In an hours time I hope to install Electric UNDERFLOOR heating in my own bathroom, and I need some quick advice. Its about the temp sensor. I suddenly saw that it "should" be installed in a conduit to allow its removal if it fails. I ran out at 8:30 this evening and bought some 12.5mm rubber garden hose. (other conduits were too bulky to fit!) Now, I'm thinking about access in the future. The side of the bath panel will be removable, I'm thinking extend section of hose out into floor area, terminating underneath the bath. Cut sensor wire, push sensor into hose and set into floor. Install other end of wire in wall and floor up to thermostat housing, then when my electrician mate comes to connect up system, he can make a simple connection between the two ends of the wire. I can't find anything that says I cannot cut the wire, I found something that says it can be extended. Numbers on the wire are: TAYAO R25 10K(OHM SYMBOL) 105(DEGREES)C 300V VW-1. Please help (and why can't I use the return key???!!)

Install the sensor near the stat so that it is in the same location as the cold tail. Then run the cold tail and the conduit with sensor wire up to the stat.

I was hoping not to have to do that, channel up to thermostat is fairly busy as it is and not much room, plus I'd need a mega sharp bend at the bottom of the conduit to get it into the floor.....? If its the only way I'll have to try.....Shame, I was loving my minimal effort approach!!

the kit i use has 2 sensors so that if 1 does fail, you have a spare one in situ.

Thanks Tel, thats magic. I've just fitted a supplied Thermonet .
I like the dual back up lol.

Has anyone ever had to change a probe?

I had one job where 2 probes were installed by another and both failed. Lucky they had put a pipe in I managed to pull them out and feed in a new one. Spoke to the manufacturer and the recommended not to run the sensor alongside the cold tails which I thought a bit odd. But the replacement is still working fine after 3 years

Reply to UNDERFLOOR HEATING Quick Question. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net